SDH 087: It's Not That Lonely at the Top with Shelley Davidescu
Do you find yourself trying to do it all alone? We’ve all heard the phrase, “It’s lonely at the top,” but it doesn’t have to be. Collaborating with other professionals in your industry might feel counter-intuitive, but making connections is key to your success.
We’re taught to keep ideas to ourselves and steer clear of the competition unless it’s to suss them out, but inviting each other in, making recommendations, giving advice, and sharing stories is a huge part of building a professional community.
If you’re thinking about quitting your day job and building a business, or just creating something small on the side, you’ll want to listen in for today’s episode with Shelley Davidescu of Clean Forks.
In this episode, you will…
- Learn to make a plan for success when going out on your own for the first time
- Hear Shelley’s experience of leaving day job security for entrepreneurship!
- Discover that building a professional network is important for success
- Realize that collaboration trumps competition
- Uncover how to use passion and personal experience to build your business
DesignCrowd: DesignCrowd is a marketplace that can help you outsource or 'crowdsource' logo, graphic and web design from designers around the world. She Did It Her Way listeners can save up to $100 on custom design project. Use DesignCrowd.com/HerWay.
- She Did it Her Way Podcast
- She Did it Her Way Twitter
- She Did it Her Way Facebook
- Your Podcast Guru
- DesignCrowd VIP SDH Offer (Promo Code: Her Way)
- Clean Forks Website
- Shelley’s Facebook
- Shelley’s LinkedIn
- Asana (Team & Time Management)
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone